Eric Jorgensen

On 25 Jul 2005 10:14:54 -0400
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

> Lumo > wrote:
> >
> >I'm wondering what to look out for in bottled water, all the bottles
> >here have to have a breakdown of calcium, chlorine, sodium etc on their
> >label so it is easy to tell what's in them.
> >
> >Is calcium quantity one of the main things to look for (I think I read
> >this somewhere, but never had it confirmed)?

> The big deal is low iron content. Calcium will also make a difference
> in taste and for the most part lower calcium is better.

Calcium and magnesium, however, have the biggest impact on the ph of the
water. Contrary to public education, "water" is not always neutral.
double-distilled deionized water is neutral, all other waters vary.

In my own diagnostics, available bottled and tap waters in my area vary
from 4.5 to 10. Something between 6.5 and 8 is probably preferable.

Water that is somewhat basic will produce weak, flavorless tea that is
dark in color and will leave a film on the glass. Water that is somewhat
acid will produce tea that is strong, excessively tannic, and light in
color. Again, this is from my own diagnostics.