usual suspect

The What wrote:
> "usual suspect" wrote (to "Beach Runner"):
>

>>BTW, GWB was still Governor of Texas in June of 1997. Your problem is
>>with Bill Clinton. Dope.

> ---------------
> OOPS! You forgot to mention that his "problem" actually is also with
> Bush....
>
> Bush won't implement Kyoto agreement

Rightly so on grounds that it would stifle our economy while other
nations with greater emissions of pollutants would not have to play by
the same rules. And fwiw, the President cannot bind our nation to a
treaty. The Senate must first ratify it. The Senate has been on record
opposing ratification for over eight years.

Finally, Bill Clinton never implemented Kyoto, either, and it was
something that came up under his presidency. Clinton had neither the
political courage, the political right, nor popular support -- either
through public support or the support of their elected leaders -- to do so.