Beach Runner

Default coal and bush

I was accused of making up the fat that bush rescinded the laws that
require coal burning energy plants from improving immesssions,
particularly of the toxin mercury.

Here's some urls.
http://www.literalpolitics.com/Envir...rodisaster.htm
http://www.bushgreenwatch.org/back_issues.php
http://www.commongroundcommonsense.o...hp/t22922.html

(Washington Post)
> The Bush administration is seeking a replacement for former Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Chief Christine Todd Whitman, who told the president recently that she planned to resign as of June 27.
>
> The former New Jersey governor frequently clashed with White House staff over clean air issues during her tenure as chief of the environmental agency.
>
> One key disagreement was over the administration's decision to withdraw from international global warming treaty negotiations.
>
> Particularly heated clashes came over Whitman's support of litigation to ban coal-burning utilities from modifying their plants to increase capacity, which the Justice Department now is in the process of winding down. Also, under Whitman, the EPA argued against changes to the New Source Review Performance Standards, which changed the way emissions from coal plants are measured. The standards, released shortly after Bush's victory in the midterm elections last year in accord with the White House position, came under fire from environmental activists for allowing increased emissions, but drew praise from the coal industry for affording a more flexible way to comply with the Clean Air Act.

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache...onmental&hl=en

These are just some of many. The fact is he rescinded the legislature.

Perhaps Usual Suspect will thank me for correcting his mistake.

There are many many more sources, both mainstream and alternative.

Note the resignation over that decision.