Old 23-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Von Fourche

"Gunther Anderson" wrote in message
Von Fourche wrote:

Thanks for the info!

Another question - how important is it to use fresh squeezed lime
compared to lime in a bottle like a bottle of "Real Lime" found in

grocery
stores? Will the lime taste the same in a tropical drink?

I doubt it will taste the same, but whether it doesn't taste as good is
entirely your decision. The best I can say is, try it. I'm not a
bar-tender, just a liqueur maker. I can tell you how to make stuff, but
I really don't have much to say about what to do with it once you've
made it.

I'm just wondering if you can make drinkable and enjoyable drinks using
bottled lime or is it basically a big no no. I might as well buy a lime
squeezer and squeeze my own limes since they are so cheap to begin with.

Another question - some drinks call for a dash or two of something, like
grenadine. How do you measure a dash?

I might try my hand at a tequila sunrise this weekend. The instructions
I have say:

1. 1/23oz tequila
2. 5oz fresh orange juice
3. 2 dash of grenadine

I have the tequila and grenadine. I thought I would just buy orange
juice in a carton or gallon to use since I'm a newbie to mixing drinks.