Julianne

Default "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food

I think the film maker putting out 'Supersize Me' at the Canne's film
festival was actually trying to make a statement about society in general
and the fact that many people don't really consider the health dangers of
eating unhealthy everyday. Big Macs and Meatlover's pizza have become an
every day part of life for many Americans and I think the documentary's
bizarre experiment was designed to shed light on how we overlook the dangers
of fast food because it has become so woven into our lifestyle.

Drunk driving is not new but years ago, it was largely overlooked until
awareness of the dangers became a national passion. Cigarette smoking was
acceptable until public awareness increased about the dangers. Without
spending any tax payer monies or putting anyone at risk but himself, the
film maker is just exposing people who may not spend much time thinking
about what they eat to the dangers of overdoing unhealthy food. I think it
is a great film for kids, especially like my son who can eat anything and
still lose weight. He may not get fat but who knows what his arteries look
like or will look like when he hits middle age.

Your parody, while most amusing, addresses individuals making choices and
being accountable. Unless, of course, it isn't a parody and you are really
considering becoming a woman. Now, that would make a really interesting
documentary.

om...