Lewis Perin

"Mike Fulton" > writes:

> Lewis Perin wrote:
> > "Mike Fulton" > writes:
> >
> > > [...IRC channel associated with RFDT...]
> > >
> > > I am under the nick ICXCNIKA, so come check it out. Hopefully through
> > > IRC we can make our discussions a bit more "live" and make
> > > rec.food.drink.tea a smaller place.

> > Make it "a smaller place"? I hope you don't mean to lure people away
> > from it?
> >

> Um...no. Why would I want to do that, Lewis? I don't have any malice
> towards a USEnet group about tea. But, if this gives you problems, I'll
> shut down the room and leave rec.food.drink.tea.

I hope I didn't come across as some sort of self-appointed Net
policeman.

Let me take this opportunity to say that, while I do of course
communicate about tea outside the precincts of RFDT, I value this
group a lot. Partly it's because of the *lack* of immediacy: some
people here, at least, seem to spend more effort on getting their
posts polished than they would in chat or email. Also it's public and
easily found by anyone who knows what Usenet is, which helps attract a
diverse subscriber base. And it's archived (thanks Google, no matter
what we may say about you!)

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /