J@mes

To me... It depends upon how much money you make, and where you live.
Using the stove top, say in the south... (I'm from Houston Texas) where the
summers are Loooong and HOT!, I always had an eletric oven, the simple
fact is an electric oven takes the energy straight from the source to the
pan... whereas a gas stove takes the fire and heats the pan and the air
around the pan and eventually the whole house... Airconditioning cools the
house "at best" 20° flower than the external ambient temperature... so.if
it's 100° outside it will be 80° at best inside. If you cook on gas,
imediately the inside of your house starts to warm up... substantually...
thus turning on that compressor... thus making that little old disk in your
meter go spinning around at an alarming rate.