Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> > Sorry, but all of the deep fried, breaded, Okra I have had was not slimy.
> > That is why they fix it that way. It gets RID of the slime!

> Correct! However, if you don't really want fried okra, you can lightly
> saute it in just a bit of oil or butter and then steam 'til tender.
> Sauteing it first prevents it from being slimy.

Okra wrote the book on slime.

When I worked in OKC for a couple years, I think I probably had 50
people tell me, "Okra isn't slimey if it's cooked [right] [young]
[properly] (take your choice)."

Folks? Okra wrote the book on slime. I had pounds of it deep fried
and sauteed and fixed every which way for me to prove it wasn't slimey,
and do you know what? Okra wrote the book on slime.

I feel about okra the way Barb feels about beets. That's how bad it
is. I first had it when I was a youngster and lived in Miami - had
more of it in Kentucky when I lived there in grade school - had pounds
of it in OKC when I was an adult.

Folks? Okra wrote the book on slime. There is no way to fix it that
it isn't slimey.

N.