Brian Mailman

Kathi Jones wrote:

> "Brian Mailman" > wrote in message
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>> > In article >, "Kathi Jones"

>> > Yes, ma'am. Cold rinse, gentle cycle, with a couple towels. Gets those
>> > bad boys clean without any appreciable effort on my part.

>> Washing machines are quite useful.
>>
>> I remember reading about one fellow who rigged one up to knead dough for
>> the breads he served at his (newly-opened) restaurant in the early
>> '70s... and in a cookbook I have called "SPAM AROUND THE WORLD," there's
>> a Micronesian recipe for Octopus and Spam that calls for putting the
>> octopus--properly dispatched by that time, I imagine--inside the machine
>> and running it dry to tenderize the critter.

> my 11 year old daughter would say 'eeewww'.....there are no spelling
> suggestions for the vocals I just made - 'yuck' will have to do....

As an aunt said to me many years ago when I was young and dinosaurs
still roamed the earth--when she lifted the lid on a pot of chicken foot
stew and I got a good look of all those feet standing there two by two
and no chicken on top--"We don't say 'yuck' to food people have made for
us."

> Octopus and Spam???
>
> people will eat anything......

Well, especially if it's in the culture...the Chinese couldn't believe
we would eat rotting milk.

B/