Old 18-07-2005, 10:18 PM
.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Mike Avery wrote:

. wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 wrote:

Fan forced convection ovens have their uses in providing an even heat,
so avoiding the 'bake for 10 min then turn pans for the next 10 etc BUT
some convection ovens do a bad job with some baking.

Best option in my opinion is a gas oven with normal / convection modes.

So like most things in life, which is better depends on what you are
baking. Thanks, I'll price out normal/convection ovens and compare to just
convection ovens.

If you bake breads, I'd suggest not using convection ovens. Again, it
depends on the kind of breads, but I find I get less oven spring and a
less developed crust in a convection oven than in a regular oven or
(better yet) a deck oven.

On the other hand, when I roast birds, what a convection oven does for

Thanks for the response. I have 2 weeks to tell the builder whether I want
gas or electric hook up for the stove. After that and they will charge me
for changing the plans. It looks like I might want dual-fuel so I've told
them to plan for both gas and electric to the stove. Even if I finally
decided on just one, they'll both be there. 8^)