Julie Bove

"Pinot Grigio" <Someone@somewhere> wrote in message
> My husband is a diet-controlled diabetic who is allergic to dairy

products.
> I have just bought an ice cream machine as he really misses ice cream.
> The recipe book with the machine has one sugar-free recipe that I am going
> to try today substituting soya milk and cream for regular milk and cream.
> The rest of the recipes are almost impossible to substitute.
> Does anyone have any good recipes or point me in the direction of a

website
> please?

You could also look into sorbet recipes. My daughter is allergic to dairy.
She can eat more sorbet, although a few are made with milk. She isn't
diabetic though, so sugar isn't a problem for her.

One thing I made years ago that was really good was a sorbet like treat
using canned pineapple. Simply use one can of unsweetened pineapple chunks.
Drain the chunks (reserve the juice and chill it) and place on a cookie
sheet. Put them in the freezer for about two hours or until fully frozen.
Put the chunks in the blender and whip, adding enough of the juice to get
the right consistancy. Serve immediately.

--
See my webpage: