Brian Mailman

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, "Kathi Jones"
> > wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> > Cucumbers are in the washing machine as we speak.
>> > Pictures at 11:00.

>> washing machine?

> Yes, ma'am. Cold rinse, gentle cycle, with a couple towels. Gets those
> bad boys clean without any appreciable effort on my part.

Washing machines are quite useful.

I remember reading about one fellow who rigged one up to knead dough for
the breads he served at his (newly-opened) restaurant in the early
'70s... and in a cookbook I have called "SPAM AROUND THE WORLD," there's
a Micronesian recipe for Octopus and Spam that calls for putting the
octopus--properly dispatched by that time, I imagine--inside the machine
and running it dry to tenderize the critter.

B/