Nexis

Default Low carb diet and heart disease...

"Katra" > wrote in message
> For the up-to-date-on-nutrition challenged, I offer the following links:
>
> http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/ris...Atkinsvind.htm
>
> http://thecompounder.com/AtkinsVindicated.html
>
> http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/conte...26/7400/1166-h
>
> There are far more available for those that want to google it...
>
> Thing is, new evidence shows how a low fat, high carb diet is killing
> people. I've known several myself that went on that type of diet at the
> recommendation of their personal physicians that ended up having to go
> on statins (which are very hard on the liver) because the diet changes
> DID NOT WORK!!!
>
> is it so hard to believe that the original theories were just plain
> wrong? And the current crop of Doctors were trained that way, so they
> are going to continue to promote it. Sad.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/...ets020719.html
>
> http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/health/ed..._badcarbs.html
>
> I like this link as it stresses starch carbs vs. "green" carbs.
> One reason I prefer the greenwich diet over Atkins. I'm not a high fat
> fan, (since calories still count) but eggs only have 5 grams each and
> you need up to 25 grams per day to maintain skin health. Eggs are also
> very rich in trace minerals which are difficult to get in a regular diet.
>
> http://www.familyhaven.com/health/mineral.html
>
> The thing with plants and trace minerals is if they are lacking in the
> soil, they will NOT be in the food that is supposed to have them
> according to most nutritional charts. The vast majority of commercial
> farming is now done in depleted soils using commercial fertilizers that
> contain just enough nutrients to get the plants to grow! This is the
> major reason why organic veggies really are more nutritious than
> non-organic.
>
> http://www.mofga.org/food.html
>
> Eggs are your freind, bread is your enemy.
> It's hard to give it up. Very hard, but i finally did it.
> At least most of the time. <G> It's been relegated to "treat" status...
>
> K.

Some day people will figure out that people are individuals, and as
individuals they need different things. What works for one person will not
work for every person...it's that simple. In order to have the best health
you can, you have to find what works for *you*. Not what works for Bill, Bob
and Amanda.

kimberly