Pat

Dieter Folz wrote:
> "Pat" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> oups.com...
> >

> > Dieter Folz wrote:
> >

> Oh no. Twinings is far too overpaid.

A matter of opinion, I suppose. I like it. It is within my budget and
I know what to expect when I purchase it.

> > 10-30 euros is getting a bit steep. I am
> > not overly fond of Darjeeling, so that is rarely an issue for me. I
> > hate Twinings Darjeeling.

> I would doubt if it really is Darjeeling!

It is Darjeeling. Perhaps not 100% Darjeeling, and undoubtedly not
first or second flush Darjeeling, but there is enough Darjeeling in the
blend to be legally labelled as such. I do not care for it, but I am
not a Darjeeling sort of person, anyway.

> Well, at least meanwhile (or at the moment) here in Germany, you get
> for the price of Twinings Breakfast a very good and decent Assam (at
> that price these Assams you can drink the English way with some milk),
> which is *far* more better than the Twinings stuff!!! I can recomment
> the Assams teas (and also the Darjeelings, of course!) of
> Betty-Darling.de (besides the blends which are in my opinion crap). I
> don't know if they deliver outside Germany but it is definetely worth a
> try!

Do you happen to know if they have an English language website?

> There are other brands like Lipton, which do Earl Grey
> > blends that are more expensive and are undrinkable, IMO.

> OK, but Lipton isn't tea, is it ;-) ?

Of course it is. Not good tea, but tea nonetheless. They actually
have a decent English Breakfast blend. It was on sale at my local
supermarket; actually it was marked down because they are discontinuing
it. I bought some just to sample, and it was not bad at all.
Infinitely superior to their regular blend. It is not easy to find,
and I would not bother to seek it out again, as it is actually more
expensive than Twinings, and I like Twinings English Breakfast better.
But Lipton ought to package this stuff as their regular blend.

Pat