Maxim Voronov

Well, I doubt that the world will be fair for everyone -- ever. That's
hardly the point of fair trade. As consumers, we vote with our
wallets: either for change or for more of the same. If I am offered an
option to support the business of a company that sells fair trade
certified products and is therefore being a socially responsible
capitalist, then I would like to vote for that.

As a professor of business, my sense is that unbridled capitalism is
not nearly as rational or "good" as we are often led to believe. It
needs to be channelled and guided in order to offer the most benefits
to the most people. Otherwise, it just causes destruction for most and
benefits for a select few.

In the ideal world things would be as TeaDave describes. But they are
not.