I-zheet M'drurz

Andy spaketh thusly:
> "hob" > wrote:

>> Years back, you could get frozen "patties" made up of a dozen
>> or so paper-thin layers of sliced raw beef pressed into a round
>> "pattie". In our area it was called chip steak.
>>
>> They were fried/grilled, without thawing before going into the
>> pan, and they were served in a bun.

> I get chip steak from my local butcher. Here, it's used to make
> Philly cheesesteaks. It's usually top round roast that's
> semi-frozen then sliced paper thin through a meat slicer.
>
> Call around to some local butchers is your best bet.

Or large food wholesalers that supply restaurants. We get 'em
frozen in a 10 lb box, and I know they use some variation of the
name Philly Cheesesteak on the packaging. The ones we get are
IQF with wax sheets in between, so you only need to take 'em out
of the freezer as you need them, don't let the "10 lbs" scare ya)

And not to touch off a purist/bloated expert opinion/cook snob
debate here (between anybody reading, not just you two guys) but
you *do* realize you're essentially talking about "Steak-Ums",
don't you? :-)

If u are gonna say that I said something,
please say what I REALLY said. ($1 Earl)