RobtE

hob wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Years back, you could get frozen "patties" made up of a dozen or so
> paper-thin layers of sliced raw beef pressed into a round "pattie". In our
> area it was called chip steak.
>
> They were fried/grilled, without thawing before going into the pan, and they
> were served in a bun.
>
> Anyone know of a source for these patties?

They sound similar to what we used to get in MI, except that ours were
called Sizzle Steaks. IFRC, there were 4 sizzle steaks per pack, on a
styrofoam tray, covered with a clingfilm sort of wrapping. As you say,
they were cooked from frozen.

I asked about Sizzle Steaks here a year ago or so, but no one seemed to
know anything about them.

I wish we had something similar in the UK. Cheap and nasty food to some,
I suppose, but they sure were tasty.

RobtE