Mike Avery

.. wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 wrote:
>

>>Fan forced convection ovens have their uses in providing an even heat,
>>so avoiding the 'bake for 10 min then turn pans for the next 10 etc BUT
>>some convection ovens do a bad job with some baking.
>>
>>Best option in my opinion is a gas oven with normal / convection modes.
>>

>So like most things in life, which is better depends on what you are
>baking. Thanks, I'll price out normal/convection ovens and compare to just
>convection ovens.

If you bake breads, I'd suggest not using convection ovens. Again, it
depends on the kind of breads, but I find I get less oven spring and a
less developed crust in a convection oven than in a regular oven or
(better yet) a deck oven.

On the other hand, when I roast birds, what a convection oven does for
the skin of the birds is just amazing!

Mike