Laurie

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
news
>> Considering that we are frugivorous apes,

> No, we're omnivores. So are most other apes.

Humans are CULTURAL omnivores. only because of tool use, unable to kill
and eat their corpses RAW like ALL natural omnivores.
Go kill and eat a stray cat, raw, with your natural biological
equipment, and you will see just how much of an "omnivore" you really are.
However, gutless cowards do not have the courage of their convictions.
Try to come up with a rigorous physiological/biochemical definition of
"omnivore"; you can not!

> Chimps eat meat.

-Some- chimps eat flesh, not meat, -some- times, and the practice is
clearly a cultural, not a nutritional, one, because sexual favors are traded
for flesh, just like in human dating.
www.ecologos.org/chimphunt.htm
If flesh were a nutritional imperative for chimps, then all adults would
eat it all the time. You are intentionally exaggerating a
nutritionally-meaningless, insignificant social/sexual practice and
dishonestly implying that flesh is inherent to the chimp diet, and that is a
lie.

Laurie