Scott Dorsey

Lewis Perin > wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) writes:
>> aloninna > wrote:
>> >I've heard the original Earl Grey recipe brought to England from China
>> >included jasmine blossoms in addition to whatever type of citrus oil
>> >the Chinese used.

>> After reading this, I just tried cutting a commercial Earl Gray from
>> Harrod's with some yellow box jasmine... and the effect is really quite
>> nice, if a little bit strong.

>"Yellow box jasmine"? You mean jasmine *green* tea, right? If you
>want something milder, you might try to find a jasmine black/red.

Yes, the "yellow box" tea from Fujian is a green tea with jasmine flowers.
A jasmine black might be a better choice, indeed, but I still found the
bergamot too strong for my tastes, as well as the jasmine. Perhaps
blending some jasmine flowers and cutting with a raw black tea base would
be closer, though I don't have raw jasmine flowers in my office today.
--scott