Mike Petro

Default Chinese Commerce

I heard on NPR that as of yesterday PayPal is now open in China. This
could prove very interesting in opening the doors to small purchases
directly from smaller Chinese vendors. Previously only foreigners
living in China, or Chinese with foreign connections, had access to
Paypal. Since most Chinese did not have access to Paypal it was often
cost prohibitive to deal with the Bank Transfers, and other hoops that
you had to jump through, for just a small order. Now, as more Chinese
Vendor's get online with Paypal it could become quite simple. This
should also improve the Chinese tea quality and prices available
domestically since competition will almost certainly increase. It will
probably put an end to $5 cakes being sold for $80, for once I think
the consumer will win.

Mike
http://www.pu-erh.net