Sheldon

Dimitri wrote:
> "penmart01 wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> How old ia Amira? Does she have a seizure disorder?

> > I wonder why she didn't call a vet, there is generally a veterinarian
> > who is on call in every community. Having six cats I try to be
> > prepared if one of mine suddenly becomes incapacited... I keep a list
> > of all veterinarians in my area with contact info and directions posted
> > on my fridge and a copy in my car. I also have a comprehensive first
> > aid manual specifically for cats (they're often free from the major pet
> > food manufacturers). Also, for anyone living in the north east US> > there is a superb clinic on Lung Guyland, opened 24/7. When the local
> > vets gave up on my Jilly and Jack they saved them.
> >
> > http://www.livs.org

> I'm very confused - what is AMIRA? A cat?

I'm confused too, I've not a clue, could be a hampster, a nubian goat,
even a pot bellied pig... the OP never gives the slightest hint... I
just assumed a pet, because I have pets... and wouldn't a normal parent
have refered to Amira as their child if that were the case... for all I
know Amira is an appropriate name for a pet tarantula. Many folks here
refer to their pets by name all the time without ever mentioning what
type (ie. Dog3 does that all the time, as does Jill, Sheryl, and Damsel
[hey, was years before I learned Crash wasn't a poodle - hehe], so do
I), but I don't remember anyone refering to their child without writing
"My son/daughter so n' so..." fill in the name, (I mean like it can
only be one or the other - son/daughter but 'child' will suffice), as
if we live with these pinheads in the same household. I don't know why
some are so audacious as to presume we're so intimately involved with
their personal lives (or want to be)in a food/cooking group... not like
this is
<family-schizophrenia.discuss.alt>. And if anyone chooses to post
personal business in public don't whine if it comes back to haunt.

Sheldon