Ranee Mueller

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:31:24 -0700, Ranee Mueller wrote:
>
> > We nearly lost Amira to choking last night, and we're still shaken up
> > about it. She is fine now, but we really thought she was going to die.
> > She choked, entered into hypoxia and then a seizure. Rich knows what
> > the stages of hypoxia are, though, and he said when he started CPR it
> > looked like she was about 45 seconds into it. The only question we had
> > was whether she had a seizure which sent her into the choking and
> > hypoxia or if it was the choking which caused the hypoxia and seizure.
> > Fortunately, it was the latter.

> How old ia Amira? Does she have a seizure disorder?

She is 16 months, and no. That was why we wanted to make sure that
it was the hypoxia which caused the seizure and not the other way
around. She had had a round of four immunizations a week earlier, and
we wanted to make sure it wasn't a reaction to them.

> > I was hysterical at first

> No kidding - I would be hysterical too! I'm glad everything is ok
> now, but I can tell you that I was a wreck for days after coming home
> to something nowhere near as serious as what you went through, so I
> think you're entitled.

Something Rich said was that I also knew I had the luxury to be so,
since he and Arthur were there. If I were on my own, I would have had
to hold it together for the kids. After that first scream, at least, I
was functional and able to deal with the 911 folks, the calling of our
priest and prayer chain, and Arthur's wife (Matt wanted to call his mom
because he was so frightened by what had happened). Then, with Rich and
Arthur gone, it was my job to hold the kids together and comfort them.

Arthur thought it was good for Matt to see mortality up close, since
he is a 13 year old boy, and as scary as it was for our boys, it
illustrated how important it is not to have the legos downstairs where
Amira plays (which is something we have to bugg them about, sometimes)
and why we talk about choking as such a scary thing.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/