TFM®

"Grizzly" > wrote in message
> Still usin' that Char-Broil Electric Water Smoker. (But I'm thinkin'
> of saving up for a Big Green Egg--anyone have any experiences with one
> good/bad? Are they substantially better (esp. in cold weather) than
> other, lesser priced Smokers/Grills?)

Dude, it's not the preferred ceramic smoker, but it's ceramic.

Check out this comparison.........

Heat a beer can up in a fire alongside a brick.

Throw them both into the snow.

Which one loses heat the fastest? (in my analogy the beer can is your
current cooker, the brick is the BGE®)

Ceramic cookers have more thermal mass, therefore *much* better heat
retention.

Not a ceramic cooker fan only because of the cost of them. I much prefer
concrete block which in a large enough configuration can afford the same
thermal mass as an egg or Kamado.