Rob

>> Brewed lighter, I found them quite OK, PG Tips being the more
pleasant of the two. I think they're tricky teas, and I think that
steep
length and amount of tea need to be worked out carefully for individual
taste. These are not forgiving teas. That's from my experience. If the
discussion is about decanting, that's an absolute must.<<

These teas are designed to be drunk with milk. About 98% of the
British population adds milk to tea, and some of them use quite a bit
of it. You can get away with oversteeping it if you add enough milk
to counteract the tanniin. I take my tea without milk, and I agree
with Michael, decanting is an absolute must with these teas. I strain
into a second pot - or remove the tea bags from the pot - after four
minutes.

I don't think I have ever tried PG Tips loose tea. I have gotten lazy
lately and been using mostly tea bags. I did not like loose Typhoo, as
it was VERY dusty; the bagged version is quite good, though.

I have had more expensive, "better quality" teas than these that I did
not enjoy nearly as much.