DLynch

"WeeBit" > wrote in message
> We are fixing to be hit by Hurricane Dennis they told us to get ready now.
> We have to prepare as though we have no water and source to cook. I am a
> Type II. I am lost guys at what food to get. I need help please. I am
> new at this. I sure don't need to be stuck at home without be able to
> leave
> and no phone and power and my numbers going up. I apologize for the
> cross
> posting but this is important.

I feel for you WeeBit,
Been there , done that, or BTDT. I lived in SE Florida for over 25 years,
from 1969 to 1996. Just make sure you have enough water, if you lose power.
But take heart, the Red Cross will be there distributing water if you don't
have power for a while. I have relatives that went through the hurricanes in
Florida last year, and were without power for a week or more. Everyone
survived, so you will too. All of the suggestions for food are great, and
you will just snack here and there. The heat and humidity kind of take away
your appetite anyway. But as a warning, if the local authorities tell you
to evacuate, go right away. If you have no transportation, start calling
local Red Cross shelters and find a way. Hope everything turns out alright
for you.