usual suspect

Michael Balarama wrote:
> http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4954/
> info about Ricky Williams becoming a vegetarian

Ricky Williams isn't a suitable role model for anyone. Quitting and
leaving one's team in a lurch just days before training camp is bad
enough, but then he went on his egocentric, drug-addled escapade and
tried to turn his navel-gazing into a media cause. He's not a selfless
yogi (remember him in the 60 Minutes segment doing his asanas before
ayurveda classes), he's not a decent person (I used to consider him one
back when he stayed out of the spotlight and bought shoes for
underprivileged kids here in the youth leagues), he's not a good daddy
to his kids (had to be sued to provide for at least one of them), and
he's not dependable (ask Dave Wanstedt and the 2004 Dolphins). He's a
very troubled man trying to go back to the NFL at 80% of his best
running weight and with many questions about his integrity and mindset;
he would owe the Dolphins $6.8 million in signing bonus money otherwise,
and he's already in debt over his eyes. I wouldn't ever use him as a
poster boy for vegetarianism or any other cause I was promoting.