WeeBit

BessieBee wrote:
: On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 17:31:46 -0400, "WeeBit" >
: wrote:
:
:: We are fixing to be hit by Hurricane Dennis they told us to get
:: ready now. We have to prepare as though we have no water and source
:: to cook. I am a Type II. I am lost guys at what food to get. I
:: need help please. I am new at this. I sure don't need to be stuck
:: at home without be able to leave and no phone and power and my
:: numbers going up. I apologize for the cross posting but this is
:: important.
:
: It would appear that you're getting lots of food advice. Hopefully I
: can help with some advice for other supplies. I lived in Florida for
: almost 20 years and survived the wrath of Andrew in 1992.
:
: Stock up on as much ice as you can manage. Fill your freezer,
: coolers, whatever you can get your hands on. Ice becomes as precious
: as solid gold in the days following a hurricane. If it's not too late
: buy gallons of bottled water. You'll also end up with potable water
: from melted ice.
:
: Fill the gas tanks of all vehicles.
:
: Stock up on toilet paper. Lots and lots of toilet paper. Get more
: toilet paper. Learn how to flush a toilet using a bucket of water.
:
: If you have good solid hiking shoes/boots put them someplace where
: you'll be able to get them. Stuff several pairs of socks into the
: shoes/boots so you'll have several clean and dry pairs. Flimsy summer
: shoes and flip flops are NOT a good idea if you're in an area with
: damage.
:
: Make sure you have a battery powered radio with extra batteries.
: Listen to the authorities.
:
: Hold on tight! Sending positive thoughts your way. Let us know how
: you fare. Where on Dennis' path are you?
:
: BessieBee
: "Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid." - Anonymous

We are getting the 80mph winds here and up to 12 inches of rain maybe more.
On the GA FLA boarder

mayonnaise is out guys. It makes me spike. Tuna I will put on my list but
I am not sure about the potted meats etc. spam and such? I kind of thought
they were loaded with carbs because of the fillers in them? I haven't
found a cracker yet I can eat. I am stuck with water also. Crystal Light
so far works for me though. Thanks everyone for your help I am making a
list now. I just hope the store isn't depleted of this stuff. I
stuffed my freezer with everything i could that would hold water. I even
have the door lined with a row of platic cups with water in them. It was by
Gods grace i ended up with a cooler last week. My daughter left it behind
because she didint have room for it in the car. I don't own boots. I will
get my papers together too in the morning. Plus get the paper goods also.
You all are a big help. Thanks guys your swell.