Sheldon

JeanineAlyse wrote:
> Robert Sparkman wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Does anyone have a recipe for gritted cornbread?
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > Robert

> Basically, gritted cornbread can be made with any cornbread recipe or
> mix, it's the addition of days-old, somewhat dried out corn off the cob
> that is added to the mix to give it the "gritted" attribute. Grate the
> corn off the cob using a common grater's largest holes. Try using a
> six to six: six or so six days off the plant cobs for grating into a
> boxed batter (like Marie Calendar's) before setting the batter to bake.

Total nonsense.

Actually where the OP says "gritted" he means coarser mealed
cornbread.... simply substitute part of the fine ground cornmeal in
your favorite recipe with medium ground cornmeal (I do 1/2 n' 1/2),
which will result in a grittier-chewier product... I much prefer gritty
cornbread/corn muffins too, in fact I detest the cakey/wussy kind like
you typically find in the US south.

Sheldon