Melinda

I am referring to sencha but mostly to the various Chinese greens that I've
been drinking (Kaihua Long Ding, Long Jing, etc.) And when I say "cool down"
I mean room temp...I've left the glass for probably a good 30 minutes or
longer.

As far as the delicacy for Japanese greens goes, I'm afraid my experience
and tastes don't favor those (though I do drink them) so I could easily be
missing subtlety there. I usually drink genmai cha if I'm going to drink a
Japanese green. But if I do recall correctly I've seen that turn browner as
it cools as well.

People can try this at home! (how's that for a switch...) brew a glass of
green tea of your choice and note the color and then let it sit for a couple
of hours and then take a look. But look at it in a clear glass.

Melinda