Chris

"Terrel" > wrote in message
>I usually make my own cakes, muffins, bread, etc. from scratch.
>
> These days my energy is limited, so I'm trying to cut corners wherever
> I can. Since I still want to make cakes, muffins, and so on, I've been
> looking into using mixes instead of starting from scratch. However, I
> haven't been all that happy with supermarket mixes.
>
> Recently I've been looking at the King Arthur Flour mixes. Their
> website is http://www.kingarthurflour.com
>
> I was wondering if anyone has tried any of their mixes, and if so, are
> they better than the typical supermarket mixes.

I've used their scone mix. The scones come out pretty good, but not as
good as homemade. And they're not *that* easy, because you still have
to cut in the butter...not a big deal if you're used to doing it, but
it's also not as much of a time-and-energy saver as other mixes. They
were better than another brand of just-add-water scone mix that I tried.

Haven't tried their cake or muffin mixes -- maybe those are less
labor-intensive than the scones.

Chris