pilo_

In article >,
"Melinda" > wrote:

> I have noticed this for a while now but never thought to comment on it. When
> I brew a green, when it's still hot/warm, the liquor is still whatever it's
> fresh-brewed original color was (light green or blue-green or whatever) but
> as the liquor cools off, it turns to more of a brown or a straw color.

Sometimes I'll make a small pot of green and keep it on my
desk on a little holder with a tealight candle underneath to
keep it warm. If any tea stays in the pot longer than about
an hour, the same thing happens - it turns darker and the
taste changes markedly. I'm not sure if this effect is a function
of cooling or something else......................................p*