Old 07-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Michael Plant

7/7/05

I have noticed this for a while now but never thought to comment on it. When
I brew a green, when it's still hot/warm, the liquor is still whatever it's
fresh-brewed original color was (light green or blue-green or whatever) but
as the liquor cools off, it turns to more of a brown or a straw color. It's
really interesting. I can tell my tea is cooled off by the color.

Melinda

Melinda,

I would go further and guess that the color change indicates that little
bits of stuff is floating around, continuing to brew, and ruining the taste
as well as the color of your green tea. This sometimes cannot be helped.
those bits are small enough to be unstrainable.

Michael