Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 06 Jul 2005 08:54:33p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Damsel wrote:

>>> Could you describe it better than that? No idea what "gritted"
>>> cornbread is.

>> All I could think of is cornbread made with part cornmeal and part
>> grits?
>>
>> Carol

> That sounds awful! Unless the grits were already cooked, then it might
> be okay... (doubtful)
>
> Jill

Actually, Jill, it's pretty good. I was short on cornmeal one day and
needed a full pan of cornbread. I cooked enough stone ground grits to
equal 1 cup cooked. Mixed that with 1 cup of stone ground cornmeal and my
usual ingredients. It had a great texture and was incredibly moist. Happy
accident. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/6/2005 9:08:23 PM