Old 07-07-2005, 04:56 AM
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 06 Jul 2005 08:48:11p, JeanineAlyse wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Robert Sparkman wrote:
Hello All,

Does anyone have a recipe for gritted cornbread?

thanks.

Robert

Basically, gritted cornbread can be made with any cornbread recipe or
mix, it's the addition of days-old, somewhat dried out corn off the cob
that is added to the mix to give it the "gritted" attribute. Grate the
corn off the cob using a common grater's largest holes. Try using a
six to six: six or so six days off the plant cobs for grating into a
boxed batter (like Marie Calendar's) before setting the batter to bake.

...Picky ~JA~

Guess that's another way, and it sounds good. However, we always called it
gritted cornbread when it contained stone ground cornmeal and no flour.
The stone ground meal provides the grittiness.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/6/2005 8:52:18 PM