Glitter Ninja

writes:

>The ownercame by our table and refused to speak to the
>family and told us we could be moved to a louder part
>of the restaurant if we didn't like the noise from the
>child. Since the romance for the evening was ruined,
>we decided to move. I was too upset to accept any
>compensation offered

[ ... ]
>I left a note on the receipt to the waiter that due to
>the actions of the owner he would not be receiving a
>tip. I also commended him and the chef on their
>service.

I'd be interested to know what compensation was offered. Beyond that,
I really would have walked out. Since that was not possible, though, I
would have sucked it up and left a tip since the waiter wasn't the cause
of the problem, but I would have let the manager know I would not be
returning, and why. The manager/owner may not have a choice as families
may be welcomed as guests of the hotel.
I never do romantic dinners at restaurants anymore, and your situation
is why. It's just not pleasant to try and have an intimate, romantic
dinner (or a movie, or nearly anything else) with arguing couples,
cranky babies, or yammering teens with cell phones attached to their
heads around.

Stacia