Gabby

"A.C." > wrote in message

| wrote:
|

| > I left a note on the receipt to the waiter that due to
| > the actions of the owner he would not be receiving a
| > tip. I also commended him and the chef on their
| > service.
| >

| i don't agree with this at all. you said the food and service were great
but you
| didn't tip the waiter. i don't think it was the waiters fault. those folks
work
| for tips so you basically make him work for free due to something that was
not
| in his control. you didn't hurt the manager at all. he still got his money
and
| corkage fee. it was nice that you commended the waiter on his service but
| stiffing him was the wrong thing to do in my opinion.

I agree with you, AC. OP, you took out your frustration with the unpleasant
situation on the poor guy who gave you great service. That, IMNSHO, sucks!
Not only did you make him work for free, you actually cost him money since
he will pay income tax on the tip he should have received based on the cost
of your meal which, based on your description, I suspect wasn't cheap.

Gabby