Mike Petro

Default Spearmint

Can anyone recommend a good source for freshly dried Spearmint? How do
I know if the spearmint is fresh or not? For example I have some
that's 1.5 years old and I assume it has lost its edge, but how would
I know just by inspecting it?

I use spearmint leaf in my iced tea blend, about 2 parts Yunnan Gold
to 1 part spearmint leaf, and it is definitely that time of year
again. I have spearmint from the likes of Adagio before but I was
hoping for a better or more direct source.

I grow some of my own spearmint, can anyone tell me how they use fresh
spearmint in their tea? I do know that a nice big sprig n the glass
makes a nice presentation and adds a hint of aroma and flavor. What's
the best way to dry it?

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
"In this work, when it shall be found that much is omitted, let it not be forgotten that much likewise is performed."
Samuel Johnson, 1775, upon finishing his dictionary.