Vicki Beausoleil

Default Quinoa Pilaf

Check out the nutritional information and the title of the book it came
from. My nutritional information follows, and it sounds more realistic.
I sure hope the error is a typo by the original poster and not what the
book actually says.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Quinoa Pilaf

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Vegetarian Grains

1 c Quinoa -- *
2 c Chicken broth
1 tb butter
1 lg Onion -- chopped
2 cl Garlic -- chopped
1/2 ts Lemon zest -- grated
1/2 tb dried thyme
2 tb Italian parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

*Pronounced Keen-wa, quinoa is a mild-flavored grain that was eaten
by the Incas. It is now grown in Colorado and New Mexico and is
available in natural food stores...it is a very high and complete
protein.

Rinse quinoa in a strainer and remove any debris. Place in a large
non-stick saucepan and toast, until it darkens slightly. Add broth.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes until
tender. In another skillet, heat butter; add onion and garlic and
cook tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in quinoa, lemon zest, thyme
parsley, salt and pepper to taste.

Food Exchange per serving: 2 STARCH/BREAD EXCHANGES; CAL: 155; CHO:
3mg; CAR: 4g; SOD: 74mg; FAT: 3g;

Source: Light and Easy Diabetic Cuisine by Betty Marks

Brought to you and yours via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal Master

36g carbohydrate per serving with 6g fiber and 12g protein