samarkand

[Danny]
The majority of chinese only know 3 types of tea: green, oolong, and
jasmine or floral tea. Pu'er came into the limelight about 15 years back,
and it has been mostly a tea chinese immigrants outside China know more
about than the mainland Chinese themselves.

Yet on the other hand, I've come across Chinese in mainland who knows what a
Na Tie (Latte) is but thinks oolong is a green tea. Just as the best pizza
may not be found in Italy, I think the situation is the same here. Most
Laowai are more enthralled with the culture of tea than the Chinese - one is
learning a new culture with the wide wondering eyes of a child, the other
has been steeped in it for so long it couldn't be bothered to embrace the
culture.

oups.com...