Space Cowboy

Most plantations are cuttings from the same bush. Your earlier
statement didn't mention flower or fruit just leaves. A picture is
worth a thousand words so flower on the left and fruit on the right:
http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty...m_sin_5740.jpg

So far the concensus is the sheen is caused by a glue of some sort.
Two of my three samples I never tasted so they could be caramelized
with *bird sh...* for all I know. The TKY nugget taste like orthodox
TKY. I like the theory if I could taste what it was coated with. I
guess you could coat the leaf with a neutral glaze which I assume would
enhance multiple steeps which is the only claim I see made by the
vendor. I like your suggestion the entire leaf is coated and not just
the surface. That would explain why I never see anything breaking away
from the surface of the shell as another claimed. It is a fun style of
tea I think perfect for gongfu but I'm an agony of the leaf fan and
never wait for the chicken eggs to hatch. It is a good style to drink
straight from the cup because the seeds,pods,nuggets sink to the bottom
with time release liquor.

Jim