Mark D

I am a professional knife sharpener, and I make my living repairing
knives that have been sharpened with the slot type or pull through
sharpeners that others are recommending. Avoid them. The CC 120 can be
okay if you take it easy with the first stage like they recommend. My
recommendations follow, but it sounds like you are a candidate for the
Sharpmaker. Best price I have found is on.......

I can appreciate, and respect you being a pro knife sharpener, and I
myself have absolutely no doubts that I can get any identical knife just
as sharp as you can. I've must've done 1000's over the years.

I'll agree, the the cheap steel shapeners that use the circular metal
discs and you draw the blade through are crap, but I suppose better than
nothing for getting an edge on typical cheap chinese made knives that
you typically find in K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.

The type that use Ceramic crock stick Rods (Something like that comes
with Faberware Sets, and you draw the knife through) isn't all that bad.

Sure, we can argue about scratch patterns on the blade, and examining
the edge with a Jeweler's loupe like I have done with high quality
blades and sure, these cheaper types of sharpeners aren't going to
provide the last word, or the best method in sharpening, but I'm sure
the OP isn't looking to sharpen knives like Loveless, or Randall
customs, or fine Wustof Chefs knives with.

50% of the sharpeners you mention exceed in cost, 90% of common people's
entire knife collections.

Both the Lansky, and Spydeco would be adequate, but total cost for those
two will run you pretty close to $100, and I'm getting the impression
the OP isn't looking for quite that much sophistication. Mark D.