Heavy_Smoker

SteveJ said

> I added a antenna to the receiver that was bigger than the one
> they used, ( the wire inside the plastic box poor design ) and
> using the spectrum analyzer on my bench I managed to step up the
> radiated power from the transmitter by adding another wire on for
> the antenna.

Steve,

I've been considering hacking these as well. Mainly to re-locate the
transmitter switch outside the battery cover ... where it belongs.

In any event, I have a couple questions.

1) My receiver has no antenna. I see there is a via on the mezz
board where it appears the antennae would be connected.
http://tinyurl.com/b6gxj. Is this where you connected the antennae?
I also see an 0603 pad which appears to connect this via to the
remainder of the circuitry. Is there a resistor or cap on the pad?
If it's a resistor, can you determine the size?

2) My transmitter has no antennae either. Where did you connect the
antennae? I see no obvious place.

I hope to extend my range as well. ;-)

--
Better living through smoking.