Mike Petro

Alex Chaihorsky wrote:
> "Mike Petro" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
> > Sure, let me preface this by saying that I am not an oolong aficionado
> > by any stretch of the imagination. YMMV
> >
> > It was sweet, nutty, somewhat fruity, and somewhat toasty. It brewed
> > up an orangish tan. I got a solid 8 steeps out of it.
> >
> > It is nice for a change of pace but is not your typical oolong.
> >
> > Mike

> Thanks, Mike.
>
> Did you gongfu it? Does it have any wonderful fragrance? I enjoy a good
> fresh oolong once in a while but only gongfu style and only for its
> fragrance, not its taste. Shui Xian is an exception.
>
> Sasha.

I used 3.1g of tea in a 5oz gaiwan. I used techniques and timings
similar to a gongfu session. It was mildly aromatic but I did not use
the smelling cup like you typicaly do. I didnt want to put it in one of
my yixing pots either since it looked so different than any other
oolong.

I am convinced it is a coating. The leaves look like they were probably
rolled first and then coated in some manner. After several steeps you
can see the coating break and the leaves expand a bit but the leaves
dont ever really unfurl.

Mike