Space Cowboy

I can't really believe if I'm a tea drinker in China I have to go to
the market and get ripped off. From what I understand so far I'll save
money on airfare and spend it on shops in my Chinatown. I previously
mentioned a grocery that I thought went out of business but has been
completely remodeled with a grand opening soon. Now the store at the
other end of the commercial strip will have to do the same. Hopefully
it translates into more tea choices but more likely higher prices. I'm
watching a segment on CCTV last night about 'green cards'. Apparently
that is as close as you can come to being a citizen with all the rights
of a natural born citizen because they don't offer citizenship to
foreigners even if you are an expatriate returning. I guess they still
reserve the right to kick you out anytime for anything. I'm watching a
woman who I think was American and moved to China in 47 to join the
revolution at the behest of a wife of Chairman Mao before they closed
the border claim she was Chinese and not a 'laowai' (more than once)
and she had her green card to prove it. Another woman was a French
writer on Chinese culture with a green card drank her tea from the
spout of a clay teapot. The commentator said she knew more about tea
than most.

Jim

Mydnight wrote:
> >You mean there is a thieves market where everyone wants to buy aged
> >pu'rh but can't because of the fraud. Why does it even exist if
> >everybody knows that. If you aren't shopping with the locals then you
> >are in the wrong place. I know it is a market and not retail.

....I delete me...
> See, but one can't assume that because someone is Chinese that they
> know jack about tea.

....I delete you...
> Is there a market where people rip each other off....yes, that would be
> Fangcun or any tea market or any teashop.

....again...