Space Cowboy

I don't know perse if Kalami(Ghalami) for whole leaf assam or
Barooti(Barouti) for broken leaf assam are Arabic or Indian terms. I
suspect they're Indian trading terms for assam used in the Arabic
market. I've got other packaging from Calcutta which says Kalmi but
again intended for Arabic markets. So it could swing either way. I
ask in the Arabic markets and all they say is Indian tea. I misspoke
before Gulabi is a brandname. My mind did a short circuit because I
confused it with Ghalami. While I'm here Mamri is another Indian term
for assam tea preferred in making Chai.

Here are the Ahmad links for what we're talking about but there are
other brands such as Gulabi:

http://www.baltcoffee.com/catalog/pr...5ac36dd27a5ce3
http://www.baltcoffee.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id/679

BTW why would Russians care about Arabic terms in these two examples?
So more evidence of Indian terms.

Jim