Julie Bove

"Vicki Beausoleil" > wrote in message

> If your beans are too watery then remove some, mash them, mix back in
> and cook a bit more. Natural thickener.
>
> Here's what I do. I never use a recipe, but this is the method.

<snip>

That sounds good! I might try 1/2 a recipe of that, unless I find out that
a lot of people will be dining with me. I would probably add a little bacon
since my family seems to like them that way. I have an ancient bean pot
that works very well, but it only holds maybe 4 servings. I'm also worried
that there might be lead in the glaze, so I just use it and the 4 little
serving cups as a decoration. I don't know why I had not thought to mash
the beans. I do that all the time with soups and also when I make "refried"
beans. I don't actually fry my pintos. I simply cook them and mash them
with a touch of olive oil. Yummy!

--
See my webpage: