Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 28 Jun 2005 11:26:44a, "." wrote in rec.food.baking:

> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Sat 25 Jun 2005 10:07:10p, Roy wrote in rec.food.baking:
>>
>> > For me white mountain frosting I can add up to equivalent its weight
>> > of softened butter but the frosting will be like a buttercream; or
>> > when I make butter icing I can incorporate the white mountain
>> > frosting to lighten it up.

>> Thanks, Roy. I'll give this a try the next time I make white mountain
>> frosting.

> Thanks to both of you. I had never heard of white mountain frosting
> before. I looked it up on http://cake.allrecipes.com and it looks much
> easier to make than seven minute frosting. I'll have to give it a try
> next time I need a frosting.
>
> By the way, I noticed that the seven minute frosting seems to be more
> sweet. My wife prefers a whipped cream frosting (just stabilized whipped
> cream with sugar or honey) and finds the seven minute frosting to be too
> sweet. Hopefully she'll like the white mountain frosting.

I have used the following recipe many times and it never fails. I don't
think it's overly sweet and it has a wonderful texture.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Fluffy White Frosting

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1/3 Cup Water
Dash Salt

2 Egg Whites
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

In a saucepan combine sugar, cream of tartar, 1/3 cup water and a dash of
salt. Cook until bubbly and the sugar dissolves.

In a mixer bowl combine egg whites and vanilla. Add hot sugar syrup very
slowly to the unbeaten egg whites while beating constantly at high speed
using an electic mixer. Beat for 5-7 minutes or until stiff peaks form.

This will frost the top and side of two 8 or 9 inch layers or one 10-inch
tube cake.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0526-1, 06/28/2005
Tested on: 6/28/2005 9:31:01 PM