.

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sat 25 Jun 2005 10:07:10p, Roy wrote in rec.food.baking:
>
> > For me white mountain frosting I can add up to equivalent its weight of
> > softened butter but the frosting will be like a buttercream; or when I
> > make butter icing I can incorporate the white mountain frosting to
> > lighten it up.

> Thanks, Roy. I'll give this a try the next time I make white mountain
> frosting.

Thanks to both of you. I had never heard of white mountain frosting
before. I looked it up on http://cake.allrecipes.com and it looks much
easier to make than seven minute frosting. I'll have to give it a try next
time I need a frosting.

By the way, I noticed that the seven minute frosting seems to be more
sweet. My wife prefers a whipped cream frosting (just stabilized whipped
cream with sugar or honey) and finds the seven minute frosting to be too
sweet. Hopefully she'll like the white mountain frosting.