Rick Chappell

Melinda > wrote:
> Hey on that topic I have a quesiton-what is meant by the "bamboo" quality?
> Because I ahve a bamboo puer from David Hoffman (packed in a bamboo tube)
> and I can't pick out a "bamboo-ness"...can you elaborate (whomever) on what
> you mean and what I should look for? Shoul a bamboo shu taste as different
> from a non-bamboo shu and a shu does from a sheng for instance?

I have one whose bamboo flavor is unmistakable. I own several bamboo
flutes, so have spent much of my life French-kissing the material, but
even so do not think that anyone else can miss it. Think bamboo
shoots. But there appears to be wide variability in these teas. I
get the feeling that they are manufactured in "unregulated
conditions", meaning out in the country around a campfire. Friends
and I have found several tubes in the same shipment to vary wildly in
taste, smell and appearance.

Best,

Rick.